Sunday, October 27, 2013

October 27, 2013

This week started off with Lily's birthday.  Since we had already celebrated the previous Saturday, we didn't do much as a family.  I did make her a birthday breakfast at her request - this year she wanted homemade orange julius and a bowl of Chex cereal. 


 She wanted to wear her princess tiara to preschool for her birthday.  Her teacher said that would be fine.  She was so excited to turn five!


 Annie didn't want to be left out - here she is showing us she's three now!  Notice the wet mark on her shirt?  Lately she's been chewing on her shirt collars.  Anyone know how I can prevent that?


We still had cupcakes from our Saturday party so we sang Happy Birthday to both girls again and let them enjoy more cake.



 I love Annie's look of pure delight in this one.


 Lily has been trying to help feed Tommy more.  Sometimes it goes well....and sometimes it doesn't.  But I love to see the bond they have.  Lily is trying to be such a good helper and big sister.



The girls went in for their annual check ups.  This year Lily had to get her shots for kindergarten.  She was so brave, she didn't even cry.  Annie was very scared - especially since she had recently had surgery - she cried for a while after her shots but recovered from the pain quickly.  Lily was hurting for a few days and discovered the comfort of a heating pad on sore muscles.  She was addicted to it.  Lily is in the 80th percentile for height and the 22nd for weight.  Annie is in the 9th for height and the 10th for weight. 


Enjoying one of the presents from Mom and Dad - a Tinkerbell puzzle.


Annie helped me make snickerdoodles to take to my visiting teaching sisters.  She likes to roll the dough in the cinnamon sugar.  But I think she likes to "test" the finished cookies even more.


Lily snapped this big cheeser of Tommy.  She was proud of her work.


Tommy has been grumpy!!!!!!!!!  We think it is teething but his gums aren't swollen yet, so we still have a long road ahead of us.  He finds comfort in chewing on his receiving blankets.  I go through one or two a day because he gets them so wet.


 I went to our Relief Society super Saturday activity and was able to make this.  I am not crafty at all so I was excited to finish something I actually want to display in my house.  It looks better in person.



The toy mess makes me crazy every....single....day.  We have a huge open basement for the kids to play in but they like to drag everything upstairs.  As part of my October personal peace project I am trying to live in the moment without being upset that it is not meeting my expectations.  As I looked over a particularly messy day, I realized I won't have little ones in my home forever.  Someday I just might miss the mess and chaos that come with child's play.  So I snapped a picture before we started cleaning up.  Just to help me remember this phase of our family life.


I included the girls in the cleaning process and then snapped another picture of how I want to living room to look.  After looking at the two pictures, the kids decided they like the messy room better because all their toys and blankets are easier to find.  I will be thankful for this time in my life, I will be thankful for little hands that make big messes in their quest for fun, I will be thankful for little helpers who willingly pitch in when asked........repeat.....three......times!!!!!!!!

Jeremy has been working hard on the basement, framing in the windows and closets in the office and bedroom.  We bought doors for the bedrooms last night and hope to get those up while Papa is here visiting.  So exciting to see it coming along.

We are having fun preparing for the girls' very first friend birthday party.  Plus Halloween is coming up.  So many fun memories are waiting to be made next week.  See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment