Sunday, March 30, 2014

March 30, 2014

 We had to say goodbye to Puna and Papa Monday morning.  The kids handled it very well.  After a week of grandparent visits I was worried how the kids would handle just being with mom again.  Thankfully they were happy to get back to our routine and we had a wonderfully normal week.

Lily drew this picture of our family with chalk on the driveway.  I thought it was a picture of Papa, Lily, Puna, and Annie.  After I asked Lily to tell me more about the picture she explained that it is (from left to right) Daddy, Mommy, Puna, and Lily. I love the big brown eyes and beautiful curls she gave Puna.


I decided we needed a project on Monday to help us get into Spring.  The girls planted some seeds.  Annie had basil and Lily had cilantro.  They can't wait to see the seeds sprout.  Every day they want to water and look at their seeds.  Just this Sunday morning we are seeing some tiny green sprouts.


Lily wanted to be the gymnastics photographer again this week.  I love the running shot on the left.  Annie's teacher set up a big obstacle course for the kids.  Annie had a great time.



Ahhh!  Sunshine and temps above 50 degrees meant lots of outside playing time.  The grass is even starting to turn green.  It felt so good to get outside and play.



Our sweet little bumblebee in another dance performance.  There was a last minute cancellation in a program at the local high school.  Lily's dance class was called in to fill the spot just the day before the performance.  The girls did a great job.  Lily had fun performing and getting to watch the high school dance team perform too.


Tommy can't live without this mesh teether.  I've been filling it with frozen fruits all week to give him something cold to chew and help his top teeth break through.


I think the kids are so cute first thing in the morning with their tired eyes and messy hair.  This picture is from Friday.  It was so great to spend my birthday with these cuties!  Ten years ago I thought we might never be blessed with children of our own creation.  And now we have these little ones.  Turning 35 isn't so bad when I have these faces to love every day.




On my birthday, Jeremy and I went out to dinner and then watched "The Savior of the World" at BYU-Idaho.  We were so impressed with the performance, but we had a couple of loud talkers sitting behind us.  Finally during Act II, Jeremy and I had had enough.  We turned around at exactly the same time and told them to pipe down.  After the show everyone around us thanked us for saying something.  I felt bad having to say something, but they were truly ruining the reverence of the show for everyone around them.

I always love the last week of March because it is filled with memories of when Jeremy and I started dating.  The night of the show we walked around a little and reminisced.  The past 15 years have gone by so quickly.  I feel so blessed with how my life has turned out and I am thankful for all my family and friends.  

My favorite gifts were: new running shoes from Jeremy, an immersion blender from the Halls, three free babysitting coupons from Brady so Jeremy and I can go to the temple, and curtains for my two kitchen windows from the Wanners.  The pictures don't do the curtains justice.  They are very cute in person and help coordinate my kitchen and living room so well.  I was totally spoiled!




Just when we had started to hope Spring had arrived, we were hit with a blizzard!  Sunday morning we woke up to four inches of snow.  Then another two inches fell before we left for church at 10:00.  The girls were excited.  Tommy.......not so much!  If you look closely you can see him crying in the background of all the pictures. He was mostly mad that I set him down in the cold to help the girls make a snowman.  Usually our snow is powdery and dry which makes it nearly impossible to build a snowman.  This snow was heavy and wet and packed easily. I didn't want to miss out on the chance to help make a snowman.  Once he was built, I took Tommy inside.  Lily and Annie played for a long time.  When they came in, they were soaked through and very cold.  Dry clothes and hot cocoa warmed them up right away.


I couldn't end this week's post with Tommy crying.  So here's one I snapped after church today.  He looked so dapper in his sweater vest from Puna.  Daddy is not a fan of the pink shirt.  But I think it looks great.  It is size 12-18 months and fits him perfectly.  He was so interested in his slice of cucumber that I couldn't get him to look at the camera. I love our handsome little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment