Tuesday, December 9, 2014

December 07, 2014

Christmastime is here!  And our children are enjoying every second.  They asked if we could build gingerbread houses for Family Night this week.  It went really well.  I assembled the houses earlier in the day so they would be hard set for decorating.  Each person chose the house they wanted.  Lily wanted the biggest one.  Tommy liked the triangle chalet.  Annie wanted the little house.  Mommy and Daddy just took what was left.



 
 The only hang up of the night was when our decorator bag exploded all over my hand while I was piping the Christmas trees for the village.  Green frosting everywhere!

 Our whole Christmas village

 Tommy's house - he placed all the little colored balls and the candy corn on the roof by himself!

 Lily's house

 Annie's house

 Daddy's house

Great way to spend Family Night!  We listened to carols and talked about Christmas....and tried to keep Tommy from destroying his sisters' gingerbread houses.  Mommy and Daddy were worn out when the night was through.  And we had three very sticky children to bathe and calm down for bed time.

 Jeremy decided to build me a shelter for our outdoor Nativity.  I love it!  We haven't figured out how to secure all the other pieces so they are not on display yet.  I've had a lot of neighbors tell me they enjoy driving by our house and seeing the Nativity.

Here's how it looks in the yard.





 Story time was super fun this week.  Lots of jingle bells and singing.  And we got to decorate paper trees with sticker ornaments.  Tommy even did a tree and was really good at doing the stickers.

 Lily's clogging class has a recital on December 13th.  They have been practicing very hard.  I can't wait for Jeremy to see her dance.  It is a hoot.


 Our ward Christmas party was wonderful this year.  The dinner was great.  Tommy and Annie were partial to my cupcakes.  Lily got to sit with friends - which made her feel so grown up.  I was asked to do a musical number.  It was the first time I have sung in over a year.  I was nervous.  The program was a little too long.  But the night was very special and I think our kids could feel the Spirit that night.

Saturday morning our friend Hailey was baptized.  Lily and Annie were excited to go and support Hailey on her special day.  They made Hailey cards and a necklace.  After the baptism our family was invited to a brunch with Hailey's family.  Tommy fell in love with their puppy Bella.  She wasn't so sure about him.

Saturday night, Jeremy and I went to the BYU Idaho Christmas concert featuring the King's Singers.  The kids played at home with a babysitter.  They dressed up and ate pizza and watched movies.  The kids had so much fun.  We loved the concert.  We were also treated to a before concert dinner which was amazing.  Everyone had a great time Saturday night.

Sunday night we had Brady and Madison over for dinner.  And then we watched the Christmas devotional together. It felt good to have our little family gathered around the t.v. to hear the leaders of the church and enjoy the beautiful music.  Fresh cookies and hot chocolate were a plus too.

This week I got a new calling.  I will now be serving as the 1st counselor in the ward Primary presidency.  I am serving with Jodi Bozung who is my Zumba instructor.  I asked the bishopric to allow me to stay on as the ward choir director a little longer.  I finally have a choir of about 20 regulars and 10 who show up occasionally.  I'd hate to lose that momentum going into the new year.  I hope I can handle two callings and three kids all at once.

Lily got her report card from school.  She is doing great and progressing just like she should.  She wants to read and gets frustrated that it is not coming quickly to her.  She gets especially upset when Annie can recall a word faster than she can.  But we're not worried.  We just practice every day. 

Tommy is still not talking!  The only really coherent thing he says is "Uh-Oh".  One day he'll probably start talking and never stop.


No comments:

Post a Comment