Monday, April 8, 2013

Thomas Day Three

 Day three was a happy day.  Around 10 in the morning Tommy was released from the NICU and brought to our room.  Jeremy and I climbed into my hospital bed together and took a nap with Tommy in our arms.  We laughed a little and I cried a little.  It just felt so good to be together and know that we were going home.

 I had fun dressing Tommy to go home.  He wasn't too happy about it, but he survived.  And he was great in the car ride home.  I got really sick in the car (another one of my anesthesia side effects) and had a hard time coming in the house.  It felt like the world was spinning.  Lily and Annie were so excited to see us.  They were not allowed in the hospital due to an RSV outbreak in our area.  It felt good to get their hugs and kisses again. 

 Everyone was excited to welcome Tommy home.  I wish we had taken a family picture.  But I was so under the weather I just wanted to crawl in bed.  The girls were so great with Thomas and covered him with kisses.
Puna and Brady also gave him lots of loves while I tried to rest a bit.  It was so wonderful to have our little family at home and together again!

No comments:

Post a Comment