Sunday, September 29, 2013

September 29, 2013

Annie took up a sudden interest in potty training.  Mommy wanted to hold off until after Annie's tonsil removal but there is no stopping our little firecracker.  She picked out big girl panties and a sticker chart at the store and has been trying hard each day to use her potty.  We've had a lot of accidents but Annie really wants to try and is excited to be a big girl like Lily.  It can only get better....right?



Annie was so excited about her potty chart, we decided to get Lily a chore chart.  It really helps get Lily moving in the mornings before preschool.  She actually wants to do her jobs because she can earn a sticker.

Ahoy Matey!  Pirates have taken over our house!  Lily and Annie love the show "Jake and the Neverland Pirates".  They especially love the Pirate Princess episode.  So this year for Halloween we'll be taking two adorable buccaneers out to Trick-or-Treat.  I let the kids try on their costumes so we could be sure they fit.  I just love Annie's attempt at a mean pirate face.  We'll keep practicing.  It was tough coaxing them back into their regular clothes.  They wanted to spend the day swashbuckling on their imaginary sea.  Arrrrg!




Annie seemed to grow overnight in some areas.  Just this week she mastered puzzles and loves to put together this Ariel one at least five times a day.  She is really quick at it and likes the challenge.


She also started using scissors all by herself.  Look at that tongue!  She always sticks it out when she needs to concentrate on something. 


Saturday morning snuggles in Mom and Dad's bed.  For the first morning in a few weeks, we all slept in and celebrated by putting off our work a little longer with a family snuggle.  It turned cold here overnight and it is hard to want to get up and moving when it is so chilly - and when we have such cute littles to cuddle.


 Saturday night Lily was wearing her Angry Birds blanket.  I realized that one day she won't think it's cool to wear her blankie and I asked Daddy to sneak a picture.  Unfortunately she caught us.


 Lily helped me put up some decorations for fall.  She was most proud of this creation and took the photo of it all on her own.  I'm not sure what it's supposed to be.


Annie and Daddy sharing their love for puzzles.



Our cuties before church this morning.  We sure love these little ones.

On Saturday night Mommy went to the Relief Society Broadcast.  It was a wonderful evening.  I gained some personal insights on how I can feel more peace in my life - even with three little ones who need me constantly.  I'm going to try some experiments this month to help myself feel a little more centered and close to my family and my Savior.  I'll let you know how they work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment