Sunday, January 19, 2014

January 19, 2014


 Lily was excited to wear this new polka dot dress (given to us by a friend) to church last Sunday.  She asked me to curl her hair too.  She said she felt "so beautiful".  We sure love our gorgeous girl!


Tommy is a real pro at holding bottles for himself.  But he still likes the comfort of being with Mommy or Daddy for feeding time so, he usually wants us to hold him.  Mommy doesn't mind.  Now that he's nearing ten months, I realize that the moments he'll want to be held will be very few all too soon.


Tommy charmed all the nurses at the pediatrician's office during his nine month check up.  Those huge brown eyes and long black lashes melt everyone's heart.  It helps that he didn't need any shots so he arrived and left a happy boy.  



After sickness, vacation, and sleeping through last week's class, Annie was FINALLY ready to hit the gym for tumbling class again.  She was happy to use the big trampoline and show off her jumps.  She's been working on three types of jumps: tucks, straddles, and tornadoes (spinning in the air).   She loves every minute.  Go Annie!



We bought the soundtrack to the movie "Frozen".  Every afternoon the girls' friends join us for a "Frozen" karaoke and dance party in the basement or our kitchen.  I love watching them all sing and dance without the pressure of looking cool.  Just total joy and noise.  Makes my heart happy every single time I hear them.


Annie is now old enough to start learning the computer.  We've been letting her explore the games on starfall.com.  She is learning her letters and some early addition and counting.  Mostly she's trying to figure out how to use the mouse with her tiny hands.



Jeremy has been busy this week with the trim and closets in the basement bedrooms.  It is hard to get work done with our three little "helpers" always trying to "help".  But things are coming along and we're hoping to get the office done so we can finally unpack all of our books and give our office furniture its permanent home.




 I moved some furniture to mop the kitchen floor one afternoon.  The kids took advantage of the opportunity or use the dining chairs as a train.  They all dressed as princess (and one prince) explorers and took turns driving the train and choosing their adventures.  It was great to hear their imaginations in action.


Annie volunteered to help me make bread Saturday afternoon.  She carefully scooped the flour into measuring cups for me.  Then she made piles and mountains with the remaining flour in the canister.  She made a huge mess, but she was so happy to be by my side cooking.  And she was very proud of the bread.


Couldn't say goodbye this week without one more picture of this cutie-patootie.  Bath time is still his very most favorite time of the day.  He is always happy in the tub and loves to splash around in the water.

We enjoyed a short visit with Grampy this Saturday.  His Aunt Sharon celebrated her 80th birthday this weekend.  Grampy and his brother Clark came over for the party and stayed with us Saturday night.  He took us out to dinner too!  Thanks for the short but nice visit Grandpa and Clark.

Mommy's training for the half marathon is on schedule so far.  On my rest/cross train days I do Zumba or strength training.  I went to a Zumba fundraiser for Special Olympics and won a free month of Zumba classes.  AWESOME!  All this exercise is helping with my weight loss goals too.  Down three pounds last week and my clothes are already fitting better.  I'll take it.  Bye bye baby weight - and the other 30 pounds too!

Mommy started a food blog this week.  It has only been up for five days and I've already had 200 pageviews!  Every month we establish a food budget.  To try and help stay within the budget I make a monthly meal plan that includes all our dinners for the month.  That way I know exactly what I need to buy and I never have to come up with something last minute for dinner.  It takes a lot of initial planning but saves me every night.   So many friends have been asking for our family meal plans; I just decided to put them online and include my own recipes or links to the websites and blogs where I get my recipes.  It is fun for me to share what is working for our family and help my friends at the same time.  If you want to see what's cookin' in my kitchen for January click on the link: http://clovescooking.blogspot.com/

 See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment