Monday, March 2, 2015

March 1, 2015

After recovering from the yucky Valentine's Day tummy bug, Mommy came down with a serious chest cold.  I was sick for nearly two weeks.  It wiped me out.  I'm finally feeling better, but sometimes I still have coughing fits.  I can't wait until my lungs are all clear again.  Since I was so sick I didn't do a lot of picture taking the third week of February.  I tried to make up for it this past week.  Here's our shenanigan update for the rest of February......


Tommy had a hard time adjusting to Puna and Papa being gone.  It didn't help that Mommy was so sick too.  Poor Bubba had a lot of tantrums and frustration because I just didn't have the energy to play some days.



Jeremy has been slowly getting the basement painted.  He has all the walls primed and he painted the ceiling.  The fumes have really been bothering me so he took a break from painting and started doing the trim work around the doors.


 Annie had a lot of fun dressing up this week.  These were two of my favorite outfits.  She loves to have the black tutu on her head because it gives her "crazy hair" and I love the picture with the ear band because it made her hair stick out like two little red dog ears.


Annie got her dance recital outfit this week.  She loves it.  Her first performance will be Saturday March 7th.  She is really excited.  The picture doesn't show it very well, but she has a little black sparkly top hat on.  I will get pictures this coming weekend with her hair and make up all done too.



Lily and Annie have been in a baby mood lately.  They are wrapping all their dolls in blankets and carrying them around like babies.  The other day, the girls wanted to be babies.  They emptied out their toy bins and made them into little bassinets.  I tucked them in and sang lullabies to them.  It was very sweet.  Until Tommy came along and hit them on the head with a race car.


 Tommy has started trying to talk a little more.  But we are concerned about his slow progress so we're seeing a doctor about it at the end of the month during his two year check up.  He has started organizing his toys.  The other day I noticed he had set up these blocks in a row by color, all on his own.  He loves to put all his cars in a row and all his wooden blocks in a row too.  I remember Lily organizing her toys into lines at this age too.


 Annie and I are enjoying our time together while Lily is at school.  I try to play one or two games with her and get in some good reading time - if Tommy will let us - each day.


Lily's loose tooth is still there.  She bonked it hard with her toothbrush one morning and made it bleed and swell a little.  She was crying as I sent her off on the school bus because she didn't want the tooth to fall out at school.  Well, four days later, and the tooth is still there.


Tommy has also started taking everything out of his bed in the morning when I go to get him.  He hands me all his blankets, his monkeys, his baby, his pillow, and then finally lets me take him out.  Then he wants to sit and snuggle on the couch will all the items from his bed for a few minutes before he's ready for the day.  Both the girls did the very same thing.  It's funny how they pick up things like that.


Lily made me a whole bouquet of paper flowers.  They are all in a little cup in the kitchen window.  She was so proud of each one.  She drew, colored, and designed a stem for every flower.  They are so pretty.  She also wanted me to post this picture she took of her LEGO castle.  She was really excited for her grandparents to see it.


My amaryllis finally started to bloom.  The buds broke open on Friday which was also the day I finally started feeling better.  I guess my flowers knew I was feeling better and could use a little extra lift.


Tommy can now open drawers.  He pulled this out of my nightstand - my chapstick and my hand cream, and decided to mix them together.  He also ate a good amount of the hand cream and the chapstick!  I'm going to have to lock my bedroom and bathroom doors.  Nothing is safe around our little "Mr. Destructo".


On Sunday night we had Brady and Madison and Cassandra and Gabe over for dinner.  I love feeding college students.  They always appreciate everything we make and they play with the kids - which is great for me after a busy Sunday in Primary.  I made this blueberry cheesecake trifle for dessert.  Thanks for the trifle bowl mom.  This was the first time I've used it.  The dessert was great.  Everyone gobbled it up.  Even Tommy wanted an extra serving.


Tommy loves his new train.  He likes to drive it along the rim of the bathtub.....and pretty much everywhere else too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment