Monday, March 23, 2015

March 22, 2015


The beginning of this week was all about St. Patrick's Day.  Lily finished her leprechaun trap from the week before and took it to school.  She was so disappointed that she didn't catch anything, but there was a trail of green glitter on the trail of her trap, so she knows the leprechaun came and looked at it.  He must have been smart enough to realize it was really a trap so he stayed safe.  Lily and Annie were disappointed that we don't own any St. Patrick's decorations so they made their own.  Lily made a shamrock garland which we taped to our clock and Annie made three signs that said "leprechaun".  Annie was so pleased with herself that she could write such a long word!


The kids were excited to find a box of Lucky Charms cereal, some gold foil wrapped chocolates, green bubbles, and green bubble gum waiting for them the morning of St. Patrick's Day.



 Annie's dance class played dress up and did the hokey pokey this week in class.  The girls needed a breather after working so hard to prepare their dance for their performances.



The weather has been so nice.  Sunny and 60+ degrees for the past week and a half.  One afternoon we went out and blew our leprechaun bubbles.  Tommy is actually good at blowing bubbles, but he is so forceful with his air blowing that I was afraid he might make himself pass out.  Just look at those sweet cheeks filled with air.  Lily won the prize for biggest bubbles.





Annie had another dance performance this week.  It was in Rexburg at the high school.  The coordinator scheduled the three youngest classes last on the program - obviously not a mom who wrote up this program.  We had to be there at 6:30 p.m.  Annie didn't dance until 8:15 p.m.  Some of the girls in her class were falling asleep or crying by 7:30 p.m.  In spite of the late night, Annie did an amazing job.  She got so many compliments on her hair cut and how cute it looks with the hat and costume.  After dancing, Mommy and Annie got some hot french fries to keep us warm on the drive home.  Annie loved having Mommy all to herself for one night.  She kept telling me how much she loves me.  Unfortunately, we paid dearly for the late night the next day.  Annie was super moody and cranky with everyone.  She was sent to her room to cool off four times in one day.  She had three potty accidents, and she got in a fight with one of her little buddies.  It was a long and rough day for all of us.


Lily made paper drowns for Mommy and Daddy.  She really wanted her grandmas to see them - so in spite of the really unflattering picture and all the laundry behind us.....here are the crowns!


 Somehow Annie gave herself a blue mustache while coloring one morning.  She had marker on her fingers.  I still can't tell if she drew it on or just had ink transfer from her fingers.  She didn't know it was there.  When I showed her the picture, she laughed to hard she almost fell out of her chair.



I went with some girlfriends to Time Out for Women in Idaho Falls this weekend.  I heard some LDS musicians for the first time that I just love - Josh Wright the pianist and the singing group Mercy River.  I can't wait to buy some of their music.  The speakers were so great.  I was inspired to be a better wife and mom.  I was lifted and refreshed - and exhausted.  I came home Saturday night pretty wiped out from all the laughing and crying.  Thanks to Jeremy for paying for it, watching the kids, and helping with laundry and house work while I was gone!


I can't believe we are almost at the end of our first school year.  Lily has almost exactly two months left of school this year.  We got her class picture on Friday.  Lily is at the top left in the back row, next to her amazing teacher.  Lily is already starting to worry about 1st grade.  She isn't looking forward to being away from Mommy all day long, eating lunch at school, and coming home so late in the afternoon.  Hopefully she will get used to the idea and the schedule quickly next year.  Until then, we're going to enjoy every last bit of Kindergarten.

And just for fun....here's a little story about me and Annie I posted to Facebook this week:

And the compliments from my four-year old continue.....
Annie:  "Mommy what's a genius?"
Me:  Someone who is very smart or has a lot of talent in a certain area or subject.
Annie"  "Oh, like me and Lily! And sometimes you're a genius too mom. But not every day."

Thanks a lot Annie. For those who are keeping track, I have a huge bum, I am doing a good job growing our baby in my belly, and I am sometimes a genius. Our little girl says the funniest things.

She really does keep my humble and on my toes.  Sometimes I regret naming her after my favorite fiction heroine Anne Shirley because Annie is truly living up to the name and reputation of that character!

No comments:

Post a Comment